ABOUT AE ENGINEER
1. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a licensed course of two years duration approved by Director General of Civil Aviation (Ministry of Civil Aviation), Govt Of India, New Delhi.
2. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is related to maintenance and repair of aircrafts. Candidate requires a lot of passion and skills to do AME Course.
3. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is rigorous in nature and comes with a lot of responsibilities.
4. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers is responsible for troubleshoot of problems, make repair, conduct inspections, make upgrades to aircraft and helicopters, conduct inspections and do required modifications to aircraft/ helicopter or its systems
5. The AME licence, issued by DGCA, is recognized internationally under the Chicago convention & regulations made under ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
6. The AME course is all about the detailed knowledge of structure and engineering of an aircraft in terms of its mechanical and electrical aspects.
7. The two year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course curriculum is also a mix of theory and practice and the students also get ample exposure to the aviation industry owing to regular field visits.
1. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring an aircraft operates properly and safely
2. Daily duties may include keeping records of and performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance including emergency repairs.
3. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer works with specialized aviation and power tools, computers, diagnostic equipment and NDT machines.
4. An AME is supported with a group of technicians for working (performing of tasks)
5. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers need to carefully observe all rules and regulations when performing any job duty.
The aviation sector is booming in India. It is generating a huge profit because people nowadays prefer to travel more, by air. So, the number of travellers, travelling by flights are increasing at a faster rate. With the rapid growth trajectory projected by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, there is a high demand for trained professionals at the Aviation industry, including the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering jobs opportunities are very high as there is shortage of skilled AME. There are some areas which provide jobs to the AME:
National/ International Carriers:There are carriers which provide transportation to the passengers. No aircraft can fly without approval from AME.
Airports:The safety and security of aircraft is responsibility of AME at ground level so there is requirement of AME at airport.
MRO:The MRO organisations are specialise to perform the actions on engines, aircraft frames, wings, landing gears, fuselage etc.
Aircraft Manufacturing Companies:The companies which manufacture the aircraft also require AME. The companies are such as Boeing, Airbus etc.
Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies:The companies which manufacture the components of aircrafts also require AME.
DGCA: The DGCA is an Indian body which makes rules and regulations related to safety and security for civil aviation.
Aircraft Operational Organisation: The aircraft operational organisations are the organisation who perform the operation within country or across the country.
Aviation Training Centre:Aviation training centre are the centre where the training related to the aircrafts is done.
National & International Job Provider Companies
Vistara is a joint venture of Tata Sons Private Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA), wherein Tata Sons holds 51% stake in partnership and Singapore Airlines owns 49% stake. The company is registered as TATA SIA Airlines Limited.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company, headquartered in Bangalore (Bengaluru), India. It is governed under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defence
GoAir is a low-cost carrier (LCC) that aims to make air travel affordable and accessible to the masses. The airline commenced operations in November 2005 with its inaugural flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support.
Air India is the flag carrier airline of India, headquartered at New Delhi. It is owned by Air India Limited, a government-owned enterprise, and operates a fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft serving 102 domestic and international destinations.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Salary in India is very high. Not only salary but AME jobs also provide high dignity and respect.A License holding engineer can earn in lacs after attaining some years of working experience. According to payscale the average salary of an AME is INR 6 to 8 lakh per month.
Career Scope In AME
The aviation sector is booming in India. It is generating a huge profit because people nowadays prefer to travel more, by air. So, the number of travellers, travelling by flights are increasing at a faster rate.To meet this expanding requirement Airlines are buying new airplanes. This, in turn, results in the companies, looking for young, energetic and dynamic aircraft maintenance engineers for the maintenance works of their aircrafts.Thus the number of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in India is also increasing in order to fulfill the requirement of the sector
How To Get AME License
There is a process to get AME Eligibility which is as follows :-Completion of Recognition (COR) :- After completion of 2 years academic programme in the AME institutes. The candidate gets the COR. DGCA is the regulatory body which is under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Modules :- Modules are conducted by DGCA, Govt of India. There are total 10-11 module exams according to be passed by a candidate according to stream opted.
Experience :-The total course is of 2 years and minimum one year working or training experience in any airlines or maintenance organizations is required.
Process To Get License
THERE IS A PROCESS TO GET AME LICENSE ELIGIBILITY WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS
To get AME license, the candidate need to:,
1. Qualify AEJEE and take admission at AME Training Institute.
2. Candidate nee to attend scheduled classes and perform allocated practical task.
3. Candidate need to have COR (Completion of Recognition)
4. Certificate, a candidate has to undergo 2 year academic programme in DGCA, Govt of India, approved AME institutes. In this 2 year programme, a candidate will get theoretical knowledge and practical training of aircraft.
5. After successful completion of 2 years academic program, a candidate will achieve a C of R Certificate.
6. In this 2 years academic programme, there are some modules which candidates have to clear. DGCA Govt of India will conduct the modules examination.
7. There will be minimum one year of industrial training on the live environment in which candidate gets knowledge with a stipend.
8. After that, the eligible Aircraft Maintenance Engineer will get an AME License as per DGCA norms.